Brushing your teeth is one of the essential activities in our daily lives. However, according to statistics, an average of 75% of the population does not know how to brush correctly. When you take in food, your jaws normally perform strenuous activities of breaking the food into smaller pieces which are digestible. This makes them susceptible to decay hence needs very special care daily. Averagely, dental cleansing takes 5 to 7 minutes and should be done at least twice a day. The following tips give a guideline on how you can properly brush your teeth.
· Use a soft-bristle toothbrush -Soft brushes are recommended because they don’t damage the gum. Hard brushes often damage gum and this can’t be good to your teeth. Always wet your brush before you brush and use toothpaste
· Holding the toothbrush correctly -The direction of your brush is very important when doing dental cleansing. It should be at an angle of 45 degrees in the direction of your gums. Start by cleaning the upper teeth then lower. You should not try to clean all of them together. At most clean three teeth together.
· Brushing in the right direction- Dentist recommends to use forward and backward motions while brushing. You should not exert a lot pressure on your teeth. This is a natural tendency when brushing but it is never right. Most bacteria are found on the gum line because of food accumulation. Therefore, you should concentrate on this area when brushing.
· Prioritizing- Start by cleaning those teeth which are visible. The inner surface of your teeth and the chewing teeth should be properly cleaned. In case the head of the brush doesn’t reach inner surface, use the brush vertically.
· Cleaning your tongue -Most people tend to ignore their tongue when brushing their teeth. You should know that bacteria form on the tongue and should be cleaned as well. This will keep the bad breath away. These tips will help you do perfect cleaning of your teeth.